Copperworks First Cut 2020
Get the first cut at special releases and the only cut at an exclusive whiskey release
In distilling, the best-tasting whiskey begins to flow from the still when the distiller makes the “first cut.” Like you, the distiller doesn’t want to miss the opportunity to capture that precious spirit. So we created Copperworks First Cut.
Advance Purchase and Exclusive Whiskey
First Cut subscribers will be able to buy any of our special, limited-edition releases (releases with fewer than 800 bottles) one week before they’re available to the public. And you’ll receive one bottle of a special single cask release of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey exclusive to First Cut subscribers.
How it Works
For a one-time fee of $120 (not including shipping), Copperworks First Cut 2020 subscribers will receive:
- Exclusive Whiskey Release: one bottle of a special single cask release of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey, exclusive to First Cut subscribers. Only 120 bottles will be released.
- Ability to purchase first: throughout 2020, you’ll have the opportunity to order special limited-edition releases of Copperworks products 7 days before they’re available to the general public. You’ll receive an email message with a link to a special page in our online store where you can choose in-store pickup or have bottles shipped to you (where state laws allow).
Even though all of our releases are quite small and special relative to the majority of the whiskey industry, we consider anything over 800 bottles a “standard” release and not part of the First Cut Program. With that larger volume, you should have no problem getting your hands on them.
About the First Cut 2020 Whiskey Release
Copperworks First Cut 2020 subscribers will an exclusive release of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey.
Tasting Notes: Initially offers aromas and flavors of baking spices, brown sugar, vanilla, and orange oil, then continues into more savory notes of bacon, burnt ends, and sage.
Production Details: This year’s release is made from 100% pale malted barley. It matured in a full-size, new American Oak barrel (Cask #176) with a light char #1 for 3 years and was bottled at cask strength, 57.3% ABV. Only 120 bottles will be released.
In Time for the Holidays
Customers who purchase First Cut 2020 before 5pm, December 13, 2019 can expect to receive the exclusive whiskey release and a card indicating your First Cut status by December 24, 2019. If this is gift, you can give just the whiskey or give the full First Cut subscription.
To give First Cut as a gift: put the name and e-mail address of the intended recipient in the “Add special instructions” box on the “Your cart” page of the online store. And put the recipient’s name and physical address for the Shipping Address.
Price: $120 (not including shipping)
For more details on Copperworks First Cut, please see FAQ.
- Copperworks is able to ship spirits ordered online only to those states which allow it (see shipping info for details). We’re not able to ship outside the United States.
- If state shipping laws change and Copperworks loses the ability to ship to a customer’s state before we’ve sent the First Cut-exclusive bottle of whiskey, we will refund the entire First Cut purchase price of $120. If the customer has received the exclusive bottle, but shipping laws change and no longer allow shipping of liquor into their state, no refunds will be made.
- There’s no limit on how many First Cut subscriptions you can buy, but each subscription is limited to one bottle of the special release.
- Purchasing First Cut does not guarantee the availability of new releases for advance purchase. Releases are available while supply lasts.
- Only bottles of Copperworks spirits can be ordered for in-store pick-up. All other products can be bought while in store picking up your bottle(s).